History

1958

1958

The Hi Lift group of companies was preceded by The Drury Family business, established in 1958 in Chr...

Read more
1962

1962

By 1962 an Albion truck fitted with a 2 tonne capacity crane was purchased to help erect structural...

Read more
1970

1970

Over ensuing years until the late 1970’s more cranes were purchased, including the first Hydraulic T

Read more
1981

1981

In late 1981 the company imported 3 25 tonne capacity Ruston-Bucyrus mobile cranes from England. The

Read more
1982

1982

​The third son of founder Lionel Robert Henry Fuller Drury, Ken and his wife joy rented a property a

Read more
1983

1983

The first paying customers in Auckland were Niederer Machinery at Hauraki Plains Quarry and Hyde Tra

Read more
1984

1984

In 1984 the current crane yard at 11 Kellow Place was purchased and a workshop built, 3 new cranes a

Read more
1995

1995

​In the 34 years since, Hi Lift Cranes has grown and modernized the fleet, adding support trucks,

Read more